This is the story of a homeschooling city girl, trading in her Saks 5th life of luxury for farm tack and homesteading! My family, new farm critters and I will share our successes, failures and crazy stories during this new chapter of life!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

More new animals!

I have always loved piggies!!!
My husband has told me I was crazy from day one.  He used to work on a pig farm, where the pigs were made into dog food.  Ew.  The farm was pretty nasty, with ridiculous amounts of pigs everywhere.  They were the huge kind, and would ram people into fences for food.  Sounds fun, right??

Anyway, I like pot bellied pigs.  So, when we decided to buy this farm, two animals came to mind... Pot bellied pigs and scottish (highland) cows.  I found out about scottish cows about 6 years ago, and I've loved them ever since!  I haven't bought one yet... but rest assured, I'm looking.

Meanwhile. meet Bacon Bitz!!!!!
Shortly after we bought her, we got her a piggy boyfriend.  Meet Hamlet!


These little piggies are SO SMART!  We've already taught them to roll balls across their pen to get food out of them.  Check this out...

They snuggle up together to keep warm at night.  They also wag their little piggy tails like crazy when I tell them, "They're such good piggies!"  Waaaayyyyyyy too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment