This is the story of a homeschooling city girl, trading in her Saks 5th life of luxury for farm tack and homesteading! My family, new farm critters and I will share our successes, failures and crazy stories during this new chapter of life!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Barn Painting Party!

I set out to paint the barns that my husband and I worked so hard to repair.  I thought it would be a fun job in comparison to repairing them, but I was surprised at how quickly paint soaks into raw, untreated wood!  I might be 20 gallons of paint deep before I'm finished!

I had quite an audience as I painted.  Astro kept nudging me, and he ended up with bright red ears.  The chickens are insatiably curious, and they all gathered around my paint tray to stare in it!  The goats would lean around the buildings, two on each side, and just watch.  I felt like I was being critiqued...


I do like the end result, though.  It really is quite an improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment