This is the story of a homeschooling city girl, trading in her Saks 5th life of luxury for farm tack and homesteading! My family, new farm critters and I will share our successes, failures and crazy stories during this new chapter of life!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Farmhouse Renovations!

Yesterday afternoon, I decided to make a hole in the wall.  I knew there was a fireplace behind it.  What I didn't know was the condition of it.  I couldnt' take the suspense any longer.  I was pleasantly surprised at the condition of the fireplace!  It needs some work, and I had to clean it for a few hours, because it was pretty dirty and soot-filled behind that wall.  But the brick is really cool.


My son's room has much more character now!  We'll add a mantle, and he can mount his guns over it.  For now, his cowboy hat looks great there.  :)  We had to rearrange his room since we opened up this wall that his dresser used to be on, so this is a pretty messy picture of his unfinished room, but you can see the fireplace well!


We uncovered this tiny "toothache drops" bottle under the concrete.  I'm trying to figure out how old it is!  Isn't it cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment