This is the story of a homeschooling city girl, trading in her Saks 5th life of luxury for farm tack and homesteading! My family, new farm critters and I will share our successes, failures and crazy stories during this new chapter of life!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More repairs!

It's been a while since I've updated the blog, mostly because we've been super busy around here!
We had a party for my 3 girls, whose birthdays are all within a month, and we had a great turn out!  I'll post some pictures of the party later.

For now, this is what's been keeping us busy!  Dan is busy replacing all the boards on the barn.  It was sagging badly and had mounds of rotten wood in it.  LOTS of Home Depot trips and LOTS of money later, we've about got it finished.


Next, I painted it.  It's still a work in progress, but it's coming together.  The color really adds a lot to this place.  I still need to paint the chicken coop and the storage building!

I would have had more success in painting the barn if my chihuahua wouldn't have rubbed half of the paint into his fur!!

I built our goats a hay bin yesterday!  It now has a roof, not pictured here.  The goats love it! Their hay will last much longer now.

My son caught this baby mouse in our house yesterday!  His little eyes weren't open yet.  He was so tiny and precious.  We let him go at the back of the property, but he won't make it without his mom and without his eyes being open.  He was likely searching for his momma mouse, whom I believe was caught in a mouse trap a couple of days ago.

 Also, we have the most spoiled animals in the world.  My daughters are convinced the chickens are too cold, so they carry them in their jackets.

Another case for the spoiled animals... our goat doesn't have to reach to obtain her own leaves.  Alex pulls the tree down for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment