This is the story of a homeschooling city girl, trading in her Saks 5th life of luxury for farm tack and homesteading! My family, new farm critters and I will share our successes, failures and crazy stories during this new chapter of life!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Priorities.

I must prioritize. 
My schedule is always insane, and if I don't, then my life gets chaotic!

One of my first priorities was to get introduced to "The Yellow Pages."  My friend Rose said these guys are her expert panel.  THey go to their favorite restaurant each weekday morning, and eat breakfast together.  THEY. ARE. PRECIOUS!!!!!  I met them the first week we moved in, and I will be back for many more breakfasts with them!  Rose is the blonde on the right with her sweet baby on her lap!


Among this group, you will find an Airborne Vet, a chicken farmer, a man with an incredible vegetable garden, a horse boarder, and a llama rescuer, just for starters.

We then went to buy Alex a cowboy hat.  He is too cute in it.


I wanted to muck the chicken coop, because I knew that, despite the fact that we were living out of boxes, I wouldn't be able to resist the urge to buy chickens for long!


I went to buy some chickens with the kids!  This guy was super cool.  He let the kids hold the chickens, taught them lots of things about chickens, and told us about his hens and roosters have won multiple prizes within the state!



Dan's priority was to clean up some of the buildings on the property.  This is a picture of he and Alex clipping some of the brush on top of the garage building.


Then, Dan attached the chicken boxes for egg laying.


We bought Dan a cool mower for the acreage! 

Even Alex loved it!

There's a lot to do, but we're loving every minute of the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment