This is the story of a homeschooling city girl, trading in her Saks 5th life of luxury for farm tack and homesteading! My family, new farm critters and I will share our successes, failures and crazy stories during this new chapter of life!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Land Updates

We recently hired the sweetest man (James) to clear the privet from our farm!  When we moved in, there were a million things to do to make the farm functional (the barns were falling apart, the fence wouldn't keep anything in, becuase the wires were either missing or on the ground in most places- in other places, the fence was just non-existant, etc)... but one of the biggest issues was that the wooded section of the property (about 1/2 of the acreage) was so dense with privet, you couldn't even tell where the property began and ended!
This is a picture of my kids enjoying the lot after the clearing...


This is a picture of James, the bush hogger.  He is adorable!!

A gorgeous rainbow we saw while admiring the property!

My cute front porch...

Dan and I had to repair the fences.  I had already helped him dig about 10 holes in Georgia clay mud while building Astro's pen (see older post).  I had no desire to help him with a man powered auger while digging the 70 holes we were going to have to dig for this fence!
SO....
Dan got an early Christmas gift!  I surprised him with a Kubota with an auger.

My hottie husband with a chainsaw...

Dan's supervisor (Astro) watching his fence building techniques

Our "come-a-long" and fence stretcher

Dan and Alex hanging the gate at the back of the pasture

 Astro is extremely happy to have the whole pasture for grazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment