This is the story of a homeschooling city girl, trading in her Saks 5th life of luxury for farm tack and homesteading! My family, new farm critters and I will share our successes, failures and crazy stories during this new chapter of life!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Baby is Born!

That Monday began like any other day.  The husband leaves for work, and I get bundled up and head out for farm chores.  But when I got outside, I had a beautiful surprise waiting for me!

Ms. Macready, one of our two pregnant pygmy goats, has her baby!

Meet Tumnus, our newest baby boy!
Born January 3rd, 2011 (or January 2nd, overnight!)



He is playful and wonderful.  His favorite activities include chasing our Bantam chickens (who are not much smaller than he is!), pestering his mother for fun, butting his mates and pretending he already has his horns, and, as pictured below, chewing on coats and sleeves!


WELCOME TO OUR FARM, MR. TUMNUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment